Manor Church provides care in many ways. The primary way care is delivered is through the Stephen Ministry program.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is...
- A Christ follower who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A congregation member with gifts for care giving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a need.
What Stephen Ministers Do
- Pray and care for the care receiver
- Maintain confidentiality
- Help identify people in need of Stephen Ministries
- Participate in ongoing education